📍Louisiana or Eastern Texas, USA
About Voovio Technologies
Voovio Technologies serves the biggest petrochemical and refining companies. A growing company, with US headquarters in Houston, we are seeking Forward Engineers to work on the front line with our customers in the US to build our digital replica and procedure simulators. Forward Engineers are a crucial part of Voovio’s operations as they work directly with customers, take photographs in chemical plants and refineries, and use Voovio’s proprietary software tools to develop our state-of-the-art simulations.
Looking for candidates based in Louisiana or Eastern Texas.
- Work with customer Subject Matter Experts (all levels in manufacturing; managers/operators) and collect/review/clarify information related to customer operating procedures.
- Analyze customer operating procedures for completeness and enable the discussion with plant SMEs to ensure plant operating practice(s) are in line with operating procedure(s).
- Take photographs of process areas inside refineries and chemical plants.
- Develop project milestone proposals that detail execution timeline.
- Develop and build Voovio’s simulation solution using our proprietary tools.
- Liaise closely with our US Sales & Operations teams on project development, identifying new opportunities with customers.
- Work (virtually) with our production team in Spain.
Skills and qualities
- Knowledge of the downstream industry. Ideal candidates will have experience of working in a refinery or chemical plant.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation related to the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to translate written procedures into actionable manufacturing tasks. Ability to problem solve.
- Confident and proven record of using software applications (must be a fast learner).
- Must be team-oriented, working with customer and Voovio personnel at varying levels of responsibility.
- Effective Project Management and ability to clearly communicate project milestones and status.
- Able to work remotely and alone with support from our US and Spain offices.
- Self-starter and Results Focused.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Detail Oriented.
- EITHER a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar discipline.
- OR have a PTEC or Associate Degree in technical, or manufacturing college.
- Candidates must have a valid passport and legal status to work in the US.
- Candidates must have a vehicle.
- Salary: Competitive
- Health: Competitive company plans available – company pays 90% premiums
- 401k Plan available
- Mileage reimbursement