Eliminating Non-Accidental Release (NARs) in the Process Industry.
In this on-demand IQPC webinar, Jennifer Barnett (L&D Specialist at Olin), Christian McDermott (North America Market Coordinator at Voovio) and Fran Montemurro (Director of Operations at Voovio, previously DuPont) looked at how to eliminate NARs on your site.
Often loading and unloading operations are entry points for inexperienced new hires — and when dealing with highly hazardous products, this can dramatically increase the risk of a safety incident. In this on-demand webinar, hosted by Oil & Gas IQ and joined by special guest speaker Jennifer Barnett, Olin’s Learning & Development Specialist, we discussed the challenges related to safely managing pressurized railcars in the chemical industry. Whether you work for a refinery, chemical or other process manufacturer that uses railcars, trucks or marine vessels, this webinar offers valuable insights you can begin using immediately.
Key takeaways of the webinar:
- We looked at how knowledge automation can solve the challenges of all too common incidents and Non-Accidental Releases (NARs) that can occur, by ensuring procedure clarity and standardized procedure execution.
- We discussed how to ensure inspections of railcars, trucks and marine vessels are performed consistently, minimizing the risk of Non-Accidental Releases.
- We discovered how operators can learn and execute loading operations in a standardized way, ensuring flawless execution.
- We also looked at how to onboard new hires more efficiently and how to ensure tribal knowledge from experienced operators is captured and transferred effectively.
- We shared insights on how to build and measure competency and efficiency with an automated digital platform.
To see the whole webinar for yourself, you can watch the video below: